I am not a spontaneous person by nature, well at least not for most important things. I do usually say YES to most things that I am invited to because I value and love new experiences. Well last night I was brushing Evan's teeth, and while he hates the actual act of me brushing them, he does love chewing on his toothbrush and holding it himself. So after we were done washing his face and putting on lotion, I let him hold his toothbrush (2 actually, one in each death grib) while we read books. This is my favorite part of the day. OMG he actually knows some words! I'm always totally astonished at how many words he knows. When asked, "Where is the _____?" he can point to: balloon, shoes, ball, and sometimes sun, flower, puppy. It's straight up incredible to me! Anyway, back to my experiment. So then we're done reading and instead of inserting the binky into his mouth I just let him keep his toothbrushes. No binky, that's right! There were a little crying, but mostly I think he did not notice, and then he fell asleep. SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEET! Have I broken him of his long time habit?
I've been meaning to make a list of the foods that Evan loves and hates, just for posterity, and because it's funny.
Foods that Evan LOVES, and will eat with reckless abandon even when not hungry:
cheese
cheerios
ice cream
crackers
chocolate - go figure
Other things that Evan loves:
all things bread
chicken
all kinds of fish, LOVES salmon
brocolli
tofu
bananas
yogurt
applesauce
watermelon
corn on the cob
Foods that Evan wants nothing to do with, that even if you get them into his mouth, they will most surely come right back out:
peaches - unless they are extremely soft and sweet and juicy, like the one from Pike Place the other day.
tomatoes
mashed potatoes - weird huh?
1 comment:
my kids didn't like mashed potatoes for a LONG time. they still are a bit hesitatnt on them, even when covered in gravy. It must have something to do with texture. You'd think they would be a sure hit since they so creamy. Strange.
Post a Comment