Sunday, June 21, 2009

home sweet home

I thought it might be fun to sleep with Evan, I mean like in our bed, turns out, not so much. This weekend for Father's Day we went to Leavenworth with Kyle's family. Evan had a pretty hard time sleeping in his pack n'play, plus he didn't know where he was, etc., so we brought him into our bed. BAD MISTAKE. Well, at least it was a mistake for me, Evan and Kyle slept great. I can't believe how much this kid moves in his sleep! I was hoping it would be a sweet night of snuggling and holding, uh yeah, not so much. At one point he was completely sideways with his feet kicking me over and over, and another time he was sleeping on top of my arm with his stinky diaper in my face, though I must admit that the stink doesn't bother me at all, it's kind of endearing, yup that's mommy love.

Anyway, we're home now, yipee, good sleep for everybody!

1 comment:

Anissa said...

We've been there, done that, and I'd have to agree with you 100%. Once you have a baby/child that is good at sleeping in their own bed and is used to his space and his routine, it's very hard to throw a twist to it and have good results. Vacations are always a nightmare unless they are used to sleeping in a portacrib already. Sorry you had a such a rough night!