I love Evan so much. I miss him so much when I'm away from him. During the work week it is especially hard. I know in my heart of hearts that he is in the best hands, with his A-ma and Nana. It's not that I worry that something will happen to him. It's that some days, like today when the weather was bad and traffic was terrible, so it took me an extra long time to get home, I didn't get home until 6:30pm. This left only 1 hour before Evan's bedtime to play, feed and cuddle with him before putting him to sleep. I feel that every minute past 5pm that I'm not at home is 1 minute less that I get to spend with my son. And each minute is so precious. I love my job and am not considering leaving it. I only wish I could spend more precious minutes with him during the day.
As a working mom, how do you cope with the emptiness that comes from being away from your children? Being with his Mommy for only 1 hour today, how will that effect Evan?
Wednesday, August 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
So hard. I don't have any great advice, but I do know that you're not alone. There are lots of mom's out there just like you, so maybe you can take a bit of comfort in that. I know that when i was going through a difficult time, whatever it was, I knew that somewhere out there at that exact time, another Mom was going through the same thing. I wasn't alone. And you aren't either! Hang in there!
Anissa said it well, that you aren't alone. Susan, take peace in knowing that you are a good mom and he knows how much you love him. I have experienced both worlds of being a working out-of-the-house mom and being a stay-at-home mom, and know how fulfilling each can be. All I can say is that you have to do what is best for you and your family, be satisfied with your decision, and learn to enjoy each moment. I often can fall into this pattern where when I am working, I am thinking about what I'm NOT doing with the kids, and when I'm with the kids, I'm thinking about what I should be doing elsewhere (laundry, cooking, dishes, spending time with one of the other boys). It takes an effort, but is well worth it when you learn to just enjoy what you are doing when you are doing it. For instance, treasure (ha!) your long drive home so you know that when you do get home, you will have had some alone time in the car and will be refreshed and ready to give all of your time to Evan.
Post a Comment