Wrong Conclusion
I realized this weekend that we've come to the wrong conclusion about Evan and his eating habits. We used to think that when it was hot Evan ate less, because he would only take 7oz instead of 9oz. of milk. Well ,this weekend was very hot and Evan helped us figure out what was happening. When it's hot, Kyle and I don't heat Evan's bottle to as warm of a temperature, thinking that Evan would get too sweaty drinking hot milk, but he doesn't like it luke warm and hence drinks less. Well on Saturday we reheated it so that it was warmer and he drank his full bottle. Long story short, Evan doesn't care what the weather is like, he wants very warm milk!
Not Logical, but Biological
When Evan is too busy during the day and doesn't get enough nap time, he ends up being quite tired in the evening and then wakes too early the next morning, around 6:15am cranky and fussy. I found that if he sleeps more during the day, he's more well rested in the evening, falls asleep more quickly and easily with little to no crying, but the best part is that he actually sleeps in longer the next morning, sleeping until 7am! Yipee! It's true what they say, sleep begets sleep!
Kite Shop
Next weekend we're going to the Longbeach Kite Festival with my parents and brother so this weekend we went to the kite shop near Gasworks to load up on kites! We got Evan this totally cute ladybug sled kite which hopefully will be stable enough that we can just tether it to Evan's baby backpack, cute! We also got Evan a metallic blue and silver pinwheel which he loves looking at!
#P
Oh my goodness, Evan's little tiny tooth is starting to come in!!! Evan has been biting everything, including his own fingers and mine too. I see two little white spots on his gums. It will be super cute once he's got teeth in!
Pears
Pears are now Evan's favorite thing in the entire world to eat.
Monday, August 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I love all these musings. You sound so much like me back in the day.
YEAH for the first tooth! Such a fun milestone. They look so grown up when they get those two bottom teeth in. No longer a newborn, growing up so fast.
I want Evan to be an infant forever. I don't want him to grow up. It will be so weird to see him with teeth!!
Post a Comment