Friday, April 3, 2009
teething?
I'm confused. Everything I read tells me that teething isn't associated with fever, but everyone I talk to tells me otherwise. A mother of 5 told me that every time her kids were cutting teeth they'd get a fever and diarrhea. Well Evan is cutting 2 more teeth and woke up from his nap flaming hot, red cheeks, the works. He's also got a runny nose, well partially, I mean, it's hard to tell because his nose is always kinda crusty. No diarrhea though, that's good. But really super fussy. He hasn't been around anyone that has had a cold, so my conclusion is that he is teething and that is what has caused his fever. Moms out there, what do ya'll think?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Never had fevers or any sickness stuff with my kids teething. But cranky, OH YEAH. Which lead to more crying, which lead to a bit more snotty nose overall, but nothing too bad.
Everything I read said the same thing, teething doesn't make a kid sick. So many Mom's say it did for their kids though. That's a tough one to figure out.
My two cents, for what they are worth, is that once babies start teething, it doesn't really let up for awhile. They are always dealing with some kind of teething issue until they get the main core of teeth in. That being said, babies get mild sicknesses all the time too. A random fever here, a couple days of snotty nose there, a 24 hour bug, etc. You can blame those on teething if it helps you cope, but they probably aren't related. I'd worry about helping him get over the sickness and let the teeth do as they will. :) But what do I know? Not much...
Post a Comment