I don't remember the last time I was sick, it was definitely before I got pregnant. I think pregnancy comes with a magical immunity bubble. I remember people around me were sick, but I just never got anything. Well that's all come to a crashing halt. Last Friday Evan and I went to an kids exhibit at the zoo and there were more toddlers there than I've ever seen, ever. And like clockwork we both came down with colds 3 days later. But it was super fun there, but I don't think it was worth it. Evan has had a fever and his nose has been running like a faucet. He can't breath through his nose especially at night and it's so sad! And that means that he's waking up at night so neither of us get our much needed rest. :(
Thursday, January 22, 2009
immunity bubble burst!
I don't remember the last time I was sick, it was definitely before I got pregnant. I think pregnancy comes with a magical immunity bubble. I remember people around me were sick, but I just never got anything. Well that's all come to a crashing halt. Last Friday Evan and I went to an kids exhibit at the zoo and there were more toddlers there than I've ever seen, ever. And like clockwork we both came down with colds 3 days later. But it was super fun there, but I don't think it was worth it. Evan has had a fever and his nose has been running like a faucet. He can't breath through his nose especially at night and it's so sad! And that means that he's waking up at night so neither of us get our much needed rest. :(
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I'm so sorry. I've been there before many a time. It's impossible to get better when you can't get sleep. That's why I'm a paranoid Mom about germs. Try doing 2 or 3 kids sick at the same time... sleep is nearly impossible.
Uhgg! Try a warm mist humidifier in his room and some baby Vicks. That should help some. There is also baby saline that you can use for his nose, but its not something kids rave about using. :) Don't worry about the snuffles. Its just the first of many I'm afraid. Hope you both get better soon. Have Kyle fix you some chicken soup.
Baby Vicks, ok I'll look for that. I read that healthy kids usually battle 6 colds a year, geez! That's like ALL the time! I think tonight we'll go out with Kristen & Joe for some warm chicken tortilla soup at our favorite Mexican place.
Post a Comment