Sunday, July 20, 2008

Jell-O No Bake Cherry Cheesecake

There was a time when I wouldn't have been caught dead buying or eating a Jell-O No Bake Cherry Cheesecake. Call me a food snob. I really enjoy good quality food, and I am a better cook because of it. Which reminds me, Central Market (only the BEST grocery store in the entire world) is opening a store here in our neighborhood in 2010. My wildest grocery dreams have come true. Anyway, along came Evan...welcome to the world of frozen and quick meals. Oh I'm embarrassed but only partly so because there's just not enough time in the day to commute, work, make & clean up dinner, and have quality play time with our son, so something had to give. I just whipped up this no bake cheesecake and put it in the fridge to chill for an hour, it was so easy! It won't be as delectable as one made from scratch which means that I'll have to eat twice as much to be satisfied, not good for those last 5 pounds.

It has almost been 2 weeks since my last post and Evan has come a long way. We had his 4 month check up (1 week late because of 4th of July) and here are his stats:

weight: 15 pounds 11 oz. 50-75%tile
length: 26.5" 95%tile
head circumference: 40.5 cm 10-25%tile (a tiny head!)

Evan got his first trim around the ears. The hair on the top of his head still sticks straight up like a mohawk. Evan has found his left thumb and loves to suck on it all the time. He also loves to jump up and down in his jump-a-roo. Evan sleeps from 8p-6:30 straight, and then he wakes still a little tired and grumpy, so we give him his binky and he'll fall back asleep until 7 or 7:30, at which point he wakes up very cheerful and happy. :) Oh yeah, and big news, he started eating rice cereal with his breakfast 2 mornings ago. He opens wide for the spoon but then doesn't know what to do with the food once it's in his mouth. Funny boy. Evan LOVES to play peek-a-boo with Daddy.

1 comment:

Anissa said...

LOL!!!
Oh you just wait until you're pulling your hair trying to figure out what to feed your toddler that won't eat ANYTHING. I always swore I wouldn't resort to some of those kid "staples", but I've gotten desparate and tried them many times. At some point I will finally give up and fix the kids a "staple" dinner and start fixing DJ and I real food again. Gotta get through this pregnancy first though. :)