Friday, June 13, 2008

heavyweight champion

I put Evan on our scale the other day and he weighed in at a hefty 14.5 pounds. Wowzer! Evan's thighs have multiple rolls and I can't even see his neck most of the time. Every morning I part his neck rolls to clean them out so that he doesn't smell like sour milk. Poor baby. He has practically out grown is Miracle swaddle blanket, so today Kyle went to Babies r' Us and bought a SwaddleMe blanket, size large, for babies up to 22 pounds. That'll last Evan, what, maybe a few weeks? Today for lunch Evan ate 8 ounces, that's a first!

This is Kyle's first father's day so we are trying to make it very special. Tomorrow morning we're going to Carnation driving range to hit some balls with my parents. Evan will probably sleep most of the time (hopefully) but my dad will probably try and teach him how to play golf. Maybe Kyle can carry Evan around in his golf bag. Evan has made his daddy something for father's day, and I cannot wait to give it to Kyle. 2 more days...it's so hard to keep a secret!

No comments: