Evan had his 8 week check up on Monday and he weighed in at 11 pounds and 7 ounces, doesn't that sound huge! He's in the 51st percentile for weight. His length is 22 inches, 25 %tile. He also got his first round of immunizations. This was harder for me than for Evan. He had just fallen asleep and I had to hold his little thighs down so that the nurse could stick 3 needles into them. Then she put 3 huge bandaids onto his little thighs. Evan cried loudly for only a few minutes, maybe two, but then fell back asleep. I shed a few tears too. (Yes, I'm that mom. I can't help myself.) The doctor gave him a dose of Tylenol and we gave him another dose around midnight. He did so well!
8 weeks 4 days: During 'tummy time', Evan pushed himself onto his forearms and held his head and neck high for what seemed like a long time! He's getting so strong!
Oh his hair is so beautiful, it's about 2 inches long now. The doctor said that he will surely lose it, and that it will be replaced by his 'adult' hair. She also said though that sometimes the infant hair is lost at the same time as it's being replaced by adult hair, and some babies don't have a bald stage. I hope this is Evan.
Friday, May 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment